Thursday, November 7, 2013

Starting a new program

With the start of the second quarter (and a MUCH needed teacher workday), I feel refreshed and ready to start a new program at my school!  When you have been something for awhile, it is important to keep changing things so you are not getting bored or complacent.  That's why I'm going to start a Student Ambassador program at my school.  Currently, we (there are two of us at my school) meet with the new students at the start of the school year and the start of the third quarter.  To help ensure we get to meet these students a little earlier, we will have Student Ambassadors show them around and introduce the new students to the specialists.

Do you have a Student Ambassador program at your school?  If so, what is the criteria you use to select those students?  Also, who do the new students see on the tour?  I'm thinking I want Student Ambassadors to be both fourth and fifth graders who do not necessarily have perfect grades but who try their best at school (good conduct/work habits).  In addition, they need to be out-going enough and very helpful.  As for the tour, I'm thinking the new students should meet the: principal, assistant principal, counselors, nurse, and possibly the specialists.

Check-back in the next couple of weeks and I'll let you know how it's going!  Fingers crossed that it will be a success! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment